Monday 3 April 2017

Record breaking run

After last weeks return to Parkrun and a tiring midweek run in the sun I somehow ended up back at Darlington parkrun for a second successive Saturday morning. A lovely mild spring morning seems to have brought out all the regulars and more this morning, many are using parkrun as a distraction in the middle of their final long runs before London which is now only a few weeks away. My aim this morning is simply to get round and hopefully beat last weeks time. As the runners prepare at the start line it's very apparent that it's busier than normal. Not wanting to risk any trips I decided to move back in the group a decision justified as I saw one or two trips and near misses. Last week I took it easy on the first lap so I decided to give a little extra this time which went well. The second lap found the large field well spread out which gave the run a more relaxed feel, as per my last couple of runs I faded inside the last km but my first start had helped me to a time of 23:14 over 30 seconds quicker than last weekend! More importantly I felt no pain which gave me a big boost for the rest of the day.
My results email brought the news I expected, it was a record turnout at South Park of over 400 runners, parkrun continues to grow by the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment