Monday 17 April 2017

A week of NYMAC

It's been a busy week which started with my first committee meeting on Monday. Unfortunately due to double booked rooms the meeting was a little louder than expected so a little frustrating but we managed to sort out a few issues. As part of my role I wanted to promote our public profile online using our public facebook page, after a few posts we attracted a new runner to the club so the page is already starting to work, more to come I hope?
Thursday came around again and I jogged up to meet up with club  members, this weeks session found us all heading out of Nunthorpe down to the large houses of  the grove. As ever we were greeted by Peter who eventually sent us off on a full outer Stewart park lap which is approximately 3k (I prefer km as it sounds more!). The faster runners did two laps but one was enough for me at a decent pace. I'm not normally one who goes looking for segments but strava mentioned I got a couple of PR on my lap so I seem to be moving in the right direction again.
Had a week away from Parkrun this week with the kids being off school but I did notice another record breaking week at Darlington with over 425 attending and that NYMAC runner Paul Darroch crossed the line first at Redcar.
NYMAC were out in force at the Mermaid 10k also, a big well done to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment