Wednesday 12 April 2017

Stewart park

A great NYMAC turn out for this weekends Stewart parkrun. I must of been keen to make up for lost time as I found myself in the car park at 8-15am, a little early. As I had time on my side I had a jog up to the volunteer area to say hello then headed off to do a warm up lap of the park. The weather was perfect, the overnight frost was melting fast and the sun was shining, even the ever friendly poultry at the large pond didn't bother chasing me this morning.
On the line at nine I spoke to several members, Paul Bainbridge who is finishing off his marathon training in time for his London visit in a couple of weeks, Paul's training has gone really well and I hope it goes great for him. Club secretary Catherine was also beside me at the start line, Catherine went on to be First Lady across the finish line in what was apparently her first Stewart Parkrun? NYMAC members fished first and second with Paul Lowe finishing ahead over the consistent Phil Jarvis. My run went ok, as usual at Stewart I went off too quickly and suffered in the uphill areas, I finished in 23:30 which I will take as an improvement from last week as Stewart is a tougher parkrun than Darlington. I noticed the total runners were only 2 off the record again this week, with several races happening over the weekend that's a great turnout.

No comments:

Post a Comment