Friday 28 April 2017

Back to training

One of the running highlights of the week is Thursday training with NYMAC. Not only is it a good workout but also a chance to catch up with club colleagues who can't always get to training each week.
This weeks session, began as it does most Thursdays, from the Nunthorpe squash club down to Stainton way which is a nice steady paced 2.5km. Normally Peter is waiting here but this week no sign of him. Peters instructions were a 800m run then walk back 200m and run 600 back to start with a grateful 75 seconds rest. I got off to a great start on the first leg and run up the tough hill quite strongly before the walk back. Second set began well again and felt comfortable amongst the other runners, coming back after the walk I started to feel a little tired. On my third and final set I was much slower and could feel my legs tiring. Looking around me my club mates were putting some good effort into the session and overall it was a nice hour of running. Busy weekend ahead and a rest for my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment