Friday 7 April 2017

Return to Nymac

decided today would be a good time to try and get back into the swing of  the NYMAC sessions which are offered to club members. These are mainly held Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not only are these a great help for races it's also a good chance to catch up with fellow club members.
The advantage of the Thursday session is it's not far from my house so I generally run up to the meeting point, this sounds straight forward but for some reason I managed to trip over for the first time on pathways, my pride hurt more than anything else so it was onwards to the club.
Several members were already at the club and a cheeky comment from Mark Brown made it soon feel like I'd never been away!
For today's session we were heading over to Flatts Lane country park which is a long uphill warm up run to get there avoiding the piles of horse crap and flying downhill cyclists. Upon arrival at the meeting point it was good to see club coach Peter hasn't lost any of his dry humour and we were soon on our way again. We were given a 3k lap to do which incorporated a tough hill, I'd already decided I was only doing one lap and at a steady pace. Overall it was a nice run through the park with plenty of hills involved which are always good for the legs. I'm sure we will be back again to the park in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment