Wednesday 18 October 2017

Track training

Whilst marathon training I was watching the ever growing numbers attending the clubs Tuesday track training sessions. Finally with this Sunday's 10k race in mind I thought I'd have a go and try and recover some speed that seems to have disappeared this year. As has become the norm there was a huge turnout from our members and after a short warm up jog we stepped onto the track in large numbers. Tonight's session was 800m legs at 10k pace. The faster runners of the club were planning on doing 10 legs and had planned to do the minimum 6. I quite enjoyed the session and managed to do 8 at a reasonable pace without any problems. Overall it was nice to get on the track again and I will probably attend again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment