Wednesday 18 October 2017

Acklam XC

taking part in the Acklam cross country a week after my first ever marathon was probably not the best idea I've ever had. Even in the short warm up we managed I could tell things were a little slow and once the whistle went it didn't get much better. Both Chris and Mark were always just ahead of me so I can only assume they were struggling as much as I was bu t at least they were ahead of me. On a positive note I did manage to get going in the final lap and felt quite towards the finish but probably expected after trying for a twenty six mile race recently. From a NYMAC point of view it was easily the best member turn out for any cross country meet I've ever attended and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Let's hope they all attend next time at Whitby.

No comments:

Post a Comment