Tuesday 5 September 2017

Tees Pride

Tees Pride is one of my favourite races of the year, nice and local with a great crowd both participating and spectating. I only decided to enter at the last minute this year as it's very close to next weeks Great north run but I couldn't miss it. As per most years there's a huge entry from NYMAC with over 50 members taking part. The race itself didn't quite go to plan, I felt quite tired and was struggling from the water station just past half way. I backed off a bit for the end of the race and jogged up the longer than you think home straight past the finish line. I was quite frustrated with myself and looking back didn't enjoy the race as much as I normally do. I was only 40 seconds or so behind the recent Darlington 10k time but I was really disappointed with my effort because I know I could do better. Looking back, yesterday's Parkrun probably didn't help and I won't make that mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment