Friday 29 September 2017

Last long run

after months of training we come down to the last long run of the schedule, it's two weeks until York and we're about to cover a distance I have never tried before. I chose Redcar sea front as today's location as next weekend it's the Redcar half which Chris is taking part in and secondly because it's the flattest place I could think of,no hills at last!
We set off on a misty damp morning determined to stick to the 10 minute miles plan we have decided on to get me through the distance of the marathon. After a short visit to marske and back then a boring stretch of the trunk road a quick visit to the Locke park loo was in order. With things a little more comfortable now we had along the prom for another visit to marske with things going well. Into miles 18+ we were into unknown territory for me but we have trained well recently so I had to trust my legs. Into the 20th mile I actually started to feel comfortable again, wether it was the thought of the finish I don't know but was pleased to feel as well as I did when we completed the 20 miles.
Very pleased now it's out of the way and a great confidence boost, taper time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment