Tuesday 28 February 2017

Pocklington

My first ever visit to the small market town of Pocklington today, a quick glance at Wikipedia shows that it's the birthplace of Adrian Edmonson of The Young Ones fame but today I'm here for Pocklingtons other claim to fame as the home of the Snake Lane 10m race. The race itself turns out to be a little windy when out in the open countryside especially in the area where the race gets its name, a snake lane of runners until the brow of the hill. The race is a very popular one which sells out in a few hours every year and you can see why, great local support and well marshalled although the cars get a little close in the final mile or two into the town centre.
Plenty of NYMAC runners on show in Pocklington, all putting in fantastic performances and all finishing ahead of me! Hopefully il be able to catch them all up when I get fit again soon! As for the snake lane 10? See you again next year, if I can get in that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment